I write both fiction and non-fiction. My fiction writing focuses on speculative fiction, magical realism, and both adult and YA markets. My non-fiction ranges widely, but my favorite topics are the environment, law, magick, herbs, spirituality, food, garden, crafts, home, holistic medicine, and animals.
Johanna once taught geography and human-environment relations. Then she got sick. Today she feels better (being a relative term) and is starting a new career as a writer.
I am open for your writing projects. My basic rate is 10 cents/word. Contact me through this website or at email@example.com.
I also edit (copy and line editing) at $10/page. I specialize in working with non-native English speakers, turning their writing into standard American English.
Here you will find articles and other writings I have created and published on a variety of topics
Published as Johanna Haas
How the SheBelieves Development Program Offers Opportunities to Young Women. February 18, 2021
8 Random of Acts of Kindness for Soccer Players. February 2021
Berries for Valentines: 6 Ways to Eat More Berries. Haas February 2021
Why Turf is Still An Issue In Women’s Soccer. February 2021
What You Should Know About Ada Hegerberg. January 2021.
5 Socceristas Show Off Their Ugly Sweater Game. December 2020.
5 Things You Totally Need to Know about OL Feminin. December 2020.
Soccer Skills Can Build a Winning Resume. December 2020.
What is Pro-Am Women’s Soccer? December 2020.
6 Crazy Things You Didn’t Know About the Offside Rule. December 2020.
The Making of Racing Louisville FC. November 2020.
Fighting the winter ick with ingredients from your kitchen. Appalachian Views from the 2nd Story Press. February 2019.
Appalachian granny witches. Appalachian Views from the 2nd Story Press. 2019.
Gardening advice from my gramma, Bula Kiser. Appalachian Views from the 2nd Story Press. January 2019.
Published anonymously or ghost writte
- The Importance of Diversity and Inclusion in Independent Living. LivGenerations. Aug.2022
- First-Party vs. Third-Party Cookies: The Differences Explained. Termly. March 2022
- How Organizations Can Create a Culture That Supports Mental Health and Well-Being in the Workplace. Whitepaper. UNC Keenan-Flagler. January 2022
- What to Look For in a Personal Injury Law Firm. The Moore Law Firm. Dec. 2021
- Setting Up a Trust: Living Trust Cost & Checklist. LegalTemplates. Dec. 2021
- How Snow Removal Services Benefit Your Home & Business. Voss Landscaping. Dec. 2021
- Third Circuit Clarifies Timeline for Chapter 11 Administrative Claims. Schwartz Law. Dec. 2021
- $3.75 Billion in Claims in Madoff Case Revived for Trustee of the Madoff Bankruptcy Trust. Schwartz Law. Dec. 2021
- CCPA: California Consumer Privacy Act Explained. Termly. Nov. 2021
- Third Circuit Clarifies Timeline for Chapter 11 Administrative Claims, SchwartzLaw, Nov. 2021
- Employment Agreements: A Case for Contract Lifecycle Management, Ironclad, Nov. 2021
- What Is a Software License Agreement?, Ironclad, Nov. 2021
- What Is Contract Compliance?, Ironclad, Nov. 2021
- What Are AIA Contracts and How to Manage Them, Ironclad, Nov. 2021
- What is Breach of Contract?, Ironclad, Nov. 2021
- The Benefits of Legal Collaboration Software, Ironclad, Nov. 2021
- How to stop someone from harassing you legally, LegalTemplates, Oct. 2021
- The General Data Protection Regulation–GDPR Compliance and Legal Requirements (refresh), Termly, Oct. 2021
- What Is a Software License Agreement? Ironclad. Sept. 2021
- Leybold Releases Faster and More Robust Turbomolecular Pumps. Leybold. Apr. 2021
- Installation Tips for Solar Powered Lights. Greenshine. Feb. 2021
- How energy efficient are electric fireplaces, MagikFlame. Feb. 2021
- How does an electric fireplace flame work? MagikFlame. Feb. 2021
- Reference map v. thematic map: 18 map types to explore. 101GIS. Feb. 2021.
- How expensive is it to run an electric fireplace? MagikFlame. Jan 2021.
- Six best online GIS maps that will inspire you. 101GIS. Dec. 2020.
- What is a macciato? Bean Poet. Oct. 2020.
- The types of coffee beans you should know about. Bean Poet. Sept. 2020.
- Three reasons seniors delay. Buena Vida Estates. Sept. 2020.
- Why is my Internet so slow? GadgetAdda. Sept. 2020.
- How to become a GIS developer in 3 steps. 101GIS. Aug. 2020.
- U.S. citizenship applications need to meet a set of requirements. Schwartz Posel Law Group. June 11, 2020.
- Top European luxury furniture brands. Venicasa. June 10, 2020.
- Aston Martin Interiors: Luxury, beauty, and soul. Venicasa. April 19, 2020.
- Introducing Formitalia luxury brands. Venicasa. March 17, 2020.
- The 5 best coffee makers under $50. Bean Poet. March 7, 2020.
- Nike enters the Muslim swimwear market. Muslim Swimwear. March 5, 2020.
- Baba Ganoush or Hummus? Pita Pita Mediterranean Grill. March 2020.
- Warm Mist Humidifier. Ryan’s Best Reviews. February 26, 2020.
- 5 modern luxury Italian design ideas for your living room. Venicasa. February 24, 2020.
- Is swallowing toothpaste dangerous? Islington Dental Clinic. February 21,2020.
- The 5 best single-serve coffee makers without pods. Bean Poet. February 16, 2020.
- Chemex vs. Hario V60: Which should you choose? Bean Poet. February 15, 2020
- Responsible consumerism and how it relates to sustainable fashion. Minmirry Curve. February 7, 2020.
- Allegri Lighting adds grace and sparkle to any room. Venicasa. February 3, 2020.
- Warming Irish Coffee: The Classic Recipe. TastyBlogging. January 13, 2020.
- Guide to buying authentic furniture. January 7, 2020.
- What is French Roast coffee? Bean Poet. December 21, 2019.
- Healthy homemade vegan apple cider. IHerb. December 13, 2019.
- Why you should continue your education. Space Coast Education Center. November 8, 2019.
- Top 8 Italian luxury furniture (and 2 Spanish) that you should know. November 23, 2019.
- Baldi Home Jewels and Venicasa: The perfect match. November 12, 2019.
- Style, art, and tradition in classic European furniture. November 4, 2019.
- Luxury Italian master bedroom design ideas. November 1, 2019.
- Create a classic Italian style living room with Arredoclassic furniture. October 24, 2019.
- Essential tips on getting a green card for a parent. The Right News. September 22, 2019.
- 7 Halloween cupcake ideas. My Gritto. September 19, 2019.
- 73rd Annual Aloha Festivals Floral Parade. IMI Tours. September 6, 2019.
- You can make soup from leftover mashed potatoes. Startgoed. (Dutch site, in English). July 5, 2019.
- Give your figure the look you like with bra tapes for women. EBay (UK). 2019.
- Create a better breakfast by choosing the right waffle maker. EBay. 2019.
- Everything you need to know about beach balls. EBay (UK). 2019
- What to know about American Girl Molly and her friend Emily. EBay. 2019.
- How you can select an outdoor thermometer that works for you. EBay. 2019
- Making sense of the variety of “Lord of the Rings” action figures. EBay. 2019.
- Everything you need to know about selecting tarot card decks. EBay. 2019.
- How to start collecting blue willow china dinnerware on EBay. EBay. 2019.
- What you need to know about choosing vintage Tupperware. EBay. 2019.
- How do you choose a birdhouse for your yard. EBay. 2019.
- Choosing an antique or vintage sink. EBay. 2019.
- Everything you need to know about buying an antique iron. EBay. 2019.
- How to explore and purchase Royal Haeger Art Pottery. EBay. 2019.
- Can you use CBD oil and drive? CBD Web. 2019
- Who can file a wrongful death claim in Ohio. Flickinger Legal Group. 2019
Other writings include joke writing, catalog item descriptions, college and university descriptions, movie plot summaries, and articles not published on the internet.
My Ph.D. Dissertation
Law and Property in the Mountains: A Political Economy of Resource Land in the Appalachian Coalfields by Johanna Haas, 2008, Doctor of Philosophy, Ohio State University, Geography.
This is a dissertation: long and technical. I studied how politics, economy, and society interact with the environment. To do this, I looked at mountaintop removal coal mining in Appalachia (West Virginia, Kentucky, and Virginia mostly). It’s an examination of a system that broke completely, and the problems resulting from this break were mostly suffered by rural environments and rural people.
It can be read online through OhioLINK.
Mansfield, B. and J. Haas. 2006. Scale framing of scientific uncertainty in controversy over the endangered Steller sea lion. Environmental Politics 15(1): 78-94.
Maria Cristina Morales Muñoz, and J. Haas 2011. 2010. An Ethnographic Perspective of ISU Students’ Decision to Drink Bottled Water: A College Drinking Problem? Undergraduate Research Journal in the Human Sciences Vol. 10.
Haas, Johanna. 2008. Law of regions: The role of mining law in creating East and West. In Contentious Geographies: Environmental Knowledge, Meaning, and Scale, edited by M. Goodman, M. Boykoff and K. Evered. London: Ashgate Publishing.
(utilized as the body of) Kristof, Nicholas D. New York Times Blogs: On The Ground. “An Alaskan View of Palin”. Blog. New York: New York Times. September 2, 2008. Available at http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/02/an-alaskan-view-of-palin/.
Book review: Removing Mountains: Extracting Nature and Identity in the Appalachian Coalfields. Rebecca R. Scott. Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Press, 2010. For Social and Cultural Geography, Vol. 13, 2012
Space open when I find these.
Have to put a quote or something here